Are you considering a makeover? Why not start with your smile! The latest advances in cosmetic dentistry are available to you at our practice. By correcting or improving the shade, shape, spacing, height or width of your teeth, your smile can be transformed into your best asset. Our skillful professionals use state-of-the-art technology and materials to deliver superb results that are sure to please.
What Is Aesthetic Dentistry?
People choose aesthetic dental procedures/surgery for various reasons — to repair a defect such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, treat an injury or just improve their overall appearance. For these and many other reasons, aesthetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the dental profession. Whatever the reason, the ultimate goal is to restore a beautiful smile.
Common aesthetic dental procedures are performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They are also used to change the overall shape of teeth — from teeth that are too long or short, have gaps or simply need to be reshaped.
Common Cosmetic Procedures
Some of the more common cosmetic procedures are:
- Bonding: A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth shape and color.
- Contouring and Reshaping: In this procedure, crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth are straightened or corrected.
- Veneers: Ultra-thin porcelain coatings are placed over the front teeth to change their color or shape. Veneers are used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Whitening and Bleaching: These procedures are rapidly becoming more popular. As the term implies, whitening and bleaching are used to make teeth whiter.
- Implants: This is an option for replacing a missing tooth or teeth. Implants are so well designed that they mimic the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Crowns: A crown covers and protects a tooth while improving the aesthetics of your smile. Crowns are used for many reasons, including to restore a tooth that is broken, has advanced decay or has been compromised in another way. In addition to traditional crowns, we also offer a CEREC® crown one-day-appointment option.
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A thorough dental exam takes many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health. Arrange for a private consultation with the best cosmetic dentists in Westchester, IL to discuss your beautiful smile!